You are here: Orthoped » Back and Spine (Chiropractor) Questions » arms, hands shoulders

arms, hands shoulders


I have a real bad pin in my right arm shouder and neck.similar pain in my left arm sometimes burning sensation. at times I can eel my fingers go numb. please help . I just took a vicoden I think it is helping .

Previous articlestoved middle finger
Next articleHeel Pain


  1. Vicodin does nothing for pinched nerves, which from the sound of it, is what you have. Of course it relieves the pain but pain is not your problem. If I put a rubberband tightly around your finger, your finger would show the same symtoms. If I give you vicodin, your pain would be helped. The thing is, when it wears off guess what? You still have a tight rubberband on your finger causing the pain. So the answer is not treating the syptoms (pain), its correcting the cause of the pain (removing the rubberband). Give chiropractic a try, your condition is something we see on a daily basis.

  2. There are a few things that can cause this; at the top of the list is nerve entrapment. That is, somewhere along the path of the nerve it is getting compressed. It could be in the neck (cervical spine). That is, you are getting nerve compression in the neck causing the symptoms in the shoulder/arm. This is not a definitive diagnosis but would be where I would start. It also is possible you have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS). This is a condition where the brachial plexus, the bundle of nerves and vessels that supply the upper extremity is getting compressed. There are a few things that can cause this, a cervical rib or tight anterior neck muscles or the pectoralis muscle. There are simple tests to confirm this. Carpal tunnel syndrome can cause the symptoms you feel in the thumb but typically does not refer pain to the forearm. There are areas around the elbow where people have developed ulnar or radial nerve entrapments. A chiropractor can do tests to confirm where the entrapment is at. Another option is nerve conduction study. Do not wait around, go find a chiropractor and have this looked at. Look for a chiropractor who specializes in neuromuscular complaints. Just ask the receptionist when you call. If you are unable to find a chiropractor I would call a neurologist.