You are here: Orthoped » Back and Spine (Chiropractor) Questions » “burser”



I think I have what is called a “burser” on my elbow, a sort of sack with fluid.
I had one of these many years ago and I think it was treated with a muscle relaxer rx….will it go away and what should I do about it?


  1. Ronald White: I was just diagosed with a Burser on my elbow yesterday. My general physician had drained it in September. It contained blood. He was checking for bacteria or infection but none was found. When I visited my orthopedic doctor yesterday, he explained that it is a sack that becomes irritated when bumping your elbow or applying pressure to the elbow. The burser should never be drained. If the burser continues to become larger, the orthopedic doctor will remove it. This requires out patient surgery.