I have just seen my doctor after having an MRI scan on my ankle. He says that the only thing ‘abnormal’ on the scan is some rough cartlidge? which he can smooth out with an athroscopy? He’s booked me in for next month. Does this sound like a good idea? I told my doctor that I get symptons mainly on the inside and front of the ankle, but also feel sharp pains at the back (sometimes the pain is coming from the calf muscle), but he thinks that it could all result from this single problem. I would much appreciate your advice again. I don’t want to go through through unnecessary surgey, yet its not getting better.and his diagnosis serious? will there be long term problems due to having surgery or is smoothing out cartlige routine and risk free. I would apreciate any advice

1 Comment found

    Vivian Abrams DPM

    9 10

    Your concerns could be better addressed by a doctor who examines you and sees your MRI. If you are unsure, then schedule an appointment for a second opinion. Be sure to ask if the doctor does arthroscopy. Good luck.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *