Burser under bunion

About three months ago, I fell upstairs causing me to slip off the upper step and land awkwardly on my toes/bunion. This was exceptionally painfull for a few weeks and rest helped. I did the same thing 2 months later but this time there was bruising on and around my big toe. I have bunions and the area around my bunion is still very sore. I have seen a specialist who said that I have a ‘burser’ under my bunion which has increased the depth of my foot by half again. In addition my foot is wider and the big toe is now more angled. Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem?

1 Comment found

    Vivian Abrams DPM

    9 10

    The bursa is a inflammatory reaction to irritation. I usually will try padding and physical therapy such as iontophoresis with a steroid if conservative measures are indicated. Usually, surgery is recommended


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *