carpal tunnel in my ankle??????

(2 discussions)

for the past year or so I have had problems with my ankles. I always disregaurded them when they ached constantly after being on my feet for long periods of time, its when I wanted to try out for track I discoverd a real problem. When I run on surfaces where I can get full movement of my ankle (mainly everything but beach sand) it will crack and go temprarily numb. Sometimes it is quite funny, since they go numb I no longer have control over them and I usually fall. if I quit running right then and there it will feel like im walking on jelly for about 10 minutes, if I keep running they will stay semi-nunmb for up too three hours. my doctor told me it could be carpal tunnel of the ankle. I know its called something diffrent, and I can’t find any information on it on the web. I don’t want to go to a specialits till I know its abselutely(sp?) neccessary. please help me!



    9 10

    There is a condition called Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. I would go see a specialist such as a podiatrist for this one. Al Kline DPMpodassociates

    Vivian Abrams DPM

    9 10

    You may have tarsal tunnel syndrome. You can do a Google search about it and get loads of information. There is unfortunately no one treatment that works for everyone as the the casue can vary from person to person.Hope this helps.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *