Crazy Ankle Pain — but not an ankle sprain!
For the past couple weeks I have been experiencing a weird pain in my ankle joint… here are the symptoms:
1) Pain during active & passive & resisted plantarflexion. Hurts the most when I jump, still hurts when I plantarflex using my hand to guide movement. I can’t do calf raises when I’m lifting weights because it hurts too much.
2) I feel the pain deep on the lateral side of the ankle joint POSTERIOR to the lateral malleolus. Sorta underneath the achilles tendon but a little to the left.
3) The pain can be severe when I jump but doesn’t hurt when I run. It is fairly isolated to the area I mentioned in ‘2’ but radiates upwards slightly.
4) No visible swelling, redness or feeling of heat.
5) I have no specific history of an ankle injury on that foot and I think that this began after I started playing squash a couple of times per week.
If anyone has heard of this before or has any ideas, please let me know! I can’t even begin to think about which ligament or tendon I could be hurting during this movement… my best guess is the posterior lateralmaleolus ligament… but it hurts too much think!