I need to find out “IF” there is a medical name for my health problem:I’m 56 years old and I’ve been a typist since I was a teenager. For the past few years I’ve been having severe neck, shoulder, and back pain. Also, when I’m typing my fingers “freeze up and draw up” once in a while and I have to stop typing and literally pull my fingers apart and try to straighten them out.
It’s very painful. I complained to my supervisor, who referred me to an orthopedic doctor in the Palm Springs area.
They took CAT Scans, which showed I have disk damage in my neck and cervical spine.
I feel like this was caused from years of typing, but the doctor said it’s just the aging process because I’m getting older.
They also told me I do NOT have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.If this condition is caused by the aging process, then why don’t all people my age have this condition?
I’ve talked to some friends from high school AND others my age and they do not have this condition.Is there a name for this disease or affliction?
Is it possible it could have been caused by years of typing and data entry and keyboarding?Charles [email protected], CA

1 Comment found

    May PT

    9 10

    Sounds like you may have a herniated disk in your cervical spine… your neck. Could it be caused by typing? More likely it could be caused by bad posture while you are typing. Check out this sight and see if your desk set up is similar. I would highly recommend that you stretch every hour while at work. Here are some examples…


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *