cuboid bone

I have had a problem with a dislocated cuboid bone. My chiropractor has been manipulating it back into place since June and has just taken an x-ray. He says that there is a problem with the os poroneum and is suggesting that I see my family doctor(who hates the fact that I see a Chiropractor in the first place). Do you have any ideas as to what I have to look forward to if the family doctor sends me to a specialist? Thank for you help.

1 Comment found

    Vivian Abrams DPM

    9 10

    The os peroneum is an accessory sesamoid bone that sits in the Peroneus longus tendon near the cuboid. I seems to function to increase the strength of the tendon as it turns to the bottom of the foot. I have seen several fractures of the os peroneum and have removed several due to continued problems. My recommendation is you see a podiatrist for further evaluation and treatment. The cuboid dislocating may or may not be related to the Os Peroneum


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *